Thursday, March 17, 2011

Field Trip



Tuesday we went on our first official field trip since moving to Louisiana almost a year ago. The Global Wildlife Center is 900 acres of land dedicated to the home of various animals. It was amazing to travel on one of the custom made tractor pulled safari wagons to get up close and personal with some awesome animals. We were able to hand feed a giraffe which was totally way cool. We petted various animals which included the amazingly soft fur of the bison. I could not resit to touch those huge horns which almost hit the woman I was standing next to.

If you are ever in or around Folsom Louisiana this is a must. Not only did I enjoy it, but the boys did also. It was great when I asked them if they wanted to get feed for the animals I was told by both them they were too old. Brett (12) however, was taking feed out of the cup continually.


Folsom is located about an hour from Baton Rouge.

Adults $17.00
Seniors & Military $15.00
Children ages 2 - 11 $11.00

Cups of food $2.00
Buckets of food $30.00

Group rates apply to groups with 15 or more

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog